Welcome

 I think the most meaningful gifts that I have received from my parents are my curiosity and love of knowledge. I want to learn more about more; I ask why and how; and if not, why not? This means that to me the world a place that is full of questions that I want to answer. This means that the world is endlessly exciting and full of possibility.

   In Alice in Wonderland Alice often says “curioser and curioser” as she encounters the bizarre characters that people Wonderland. I, at some level, say the same thing when I come across something that catches my fancy.

   At the beginning of the story of Alice in Wonderland Alice encounters a white rabbit who wears a very dapper outfit, talks to himself, and has a watch in his waistcoat pocket. Being the kind of person she is, Alice chases after the rabbit and ends up falling down a very long rabbit hole. Like Alice, when I encounter something interesting I dive down a figurative rabbit hole to find out about it. I read and research, cross reference and collate. Often I end up a long way from where I started.

   Twenty-one years ago I started reviewing and writing about books for young readers. After exploring almost ten thousand such books I have now decided to explore the world. Since books are a vital part of my life, I will be often be writing about books, their authors, libraries, bookshops, bibliophiles, and publishers.

    In addition, I will be writing about my rabbit hole explorations, my travel adventures, and everything and anything else that captures my capricious interest. I am so excited to start this new venture. 

Comments

Popular Posts